Photo: ATSF Boxcar 126439 (Bx-12)

Bob Chaparro

Photo: ATSF Boxcar 126439 (Bx-12)

Photo from the USC Digital Archives

https://digitallibrary.usc.edu/asset-management/2A3BF1OYN63HV?WS=SearchResults

Promotional photo of a Hudson automobile pulling freight cars, taken in 1934.

Photo in link can be enlarged quite a bit.

This Bx-12 car was built in 1930 by the Santa Fe’s shops, location unknown.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

lrkdbn

If you follow this back to the source (USC website), there's several other freight car pix as well as a bunch of neat street scenes of early 1930's Los Angeles.
Larry King.

John Barry

Bob,

Nice find.  126439 was built by American Car & Foundry, and if the car behind is 126158, it was too.  But I can't quite make out if the third digit is a 6 or an 8.  If the latter, 128158 was built by General American Car.

John Barry

ATSF North Bay Lines
Golden Gates & Fast Freights
Lovettsville, VA

707-490-9696

On Tuesday, January 18, 2022, 01:00:24 PM EST, Bob Chaparro via groups.io <chiefbobbb@...> wrote:

Photo: ATSF Boxcar 126439 (Bx-12)

Photo from the USC Digital Archives

https://digitallibrary.usc.edu/asset-management/2A3BF1OYN63HV?WS=SearchResults

Promotional photo of a Hudson automobile pulling freight cars, taken in 1934.

Photo in link can be enlarged quite a bit.

This Bx-12 car was built in 1930 by the Santa Fe’s shops, location unknown.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

Fred Swanson

Robert kirkham

I wish they were larger format images.  In any eve, the photos allow some zooming in - and it makes me ask a question: do the car ends of the two cars look different?  To my eye, the corrugation pattern is not the same.  I’m curious to see a clearer view of the end of that more distant car.  Or the end of another car from the same purchase.

Rob

On Jan 19, 2022, at 6:16 PM, Fred Swanson via groups.io <fredswanson@...> wrote:

irv_thomae

Could this have been a promotional stunt by the car dealer?   That might help to explain what puzzled me most about Photo #3: why the "brakeman" looks so over-dressed for his job.  And the guy behind the wheel of the Hudson can't keep a straight face...

Irv