Topics

Photo: B&LE Gondola 16331 With Scrap Load (1942)

Bob Chaparro

Photo: B&LE Gondola 16331 With Scrap Load (1942)

A photo from the Ann Arbor District Library

https://aadl.org/sites/default/files/photos/N082_0380_006.jpg

The World War II scrap drive included pulling up rails as well:

https://aadl.org/sites/default/files/photos/N186_0033_001.jpg

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

Richard Townsend

The mention of pulling up rails reminded me that I have several AFEs from the war years in which the C&S authorized removing various tracks to free up rail for scrap drives.

Richard Townsend
Lincoln City, OR