From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> on behalf of Bob Chaparro via groups.io <chiefbobbb@...>
Sent: Sunday, July 5, 2020 12:38 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>
Subject: [RealSTMFC] Photo: Boxcar Lower Door Track

Photo: Boxcar Lower Door Track

A 1938 photo from the Hennepin County Library:

https://digitalcollections.hclib.org/digital/collection/MplsPhotos/id/27759/rec/399

Use the arrow in the upper right hand corner to enlarge each photo, then scroll on it to enlarge it more.

Excellent detail on unidentified boxcar.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

Eric Hansmann

I will guess it’s a tube for chains used for auto carrying. Note the door track extending left from the car center.

Eric Hansmann
Murfreesboro, TN

On Jul 5, 2020, at 12:48 PM, Bruce Smith <smithbf@...> wrote:

Folks,

What is the piece of hardware, just inside the wheel, that appears to be strapped to the center sill?

Regards,
Bruce
Bruce Smith

A 1938 photo from the Hennepin County Library:

https://digitalcollections.hclib.org/digital/collection/MplsPhotos/id/27759/rec/399

Use the arrow in the upper right hand corner to enlarge each photo, then scroll on it to enlarge it more.

Excellent detail on unidentified boxcar.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

This car looks to be a DD car, see door tracks.

My surmise would be that it is a chain tube.

Dan Smith

Thomas Evans

And a properly attired engineer
Bib overalls, long gauntlet gloves, Kromer Blizzard Cap, and a black bow tie!

Tom