Topics

Photo: Buffalo, Rochester & Pittsburg Boxcar 4076 (Circa 1915)

Bob Chaparro

Photo: Buffalo, Rochester & Pittsburg Boxcar 4076 (Circa 1915)

Photo from the State Historical Society Of Missouri:

https://cdm17228.contentdm.oclc.org/digital/collection/imc/id/24566/rec/1

Scroll on the photo to enlarge it.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

Schuyler Larrabee

Thanks, Bob, for sending these around.  This shot in particular is amazingly sharp,  It’s almost clear what even the small the lettering is on the car.

And one other thing: after looking at this car, are we still debating how deep the scoring on our models to replicate the appearance of cars like this?  This makes my old Main Line Models cars look very realistic.

Schuyler

Photo: Buffalo, Rochester & Pittsburg Boxcar 4076 (Circa 1915)

Photo from the State Historical Society Of Missouri:

https://cdm17228.contentdm.oclc.org/digital/collection/imc/id/24566/rec/1

Scroll on the photo to enlarge it.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

Eric Hansmann

Thanks for posting this, Bob!

This might be a little earlier than the 1915 date indicated on the site. I can’t quite read the weigh stencil but note the lack of proper sill steps and hand holds to meet the 1911 Safety Appliance Act amendment. The car was built in 1909-1910.

There was a lag in updating the cars to meet these new standards, so 1915 might be correct.

Eric Hansmann

Murfreesboro, TN