Topics

Photo: CN Livestock Car 815029

Bob Chaparro

Photo: CN Livestock Car 815029

A Richard May photo:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/28555987@N06/16514676841/in/album-72157678690227526/

I trust this car's origins are before the cutoff date for this group. Looking at the car's end, I wonder if this car was rebuilt from a boxcar?

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

Ian Cranstone

On Mar 4, 2020, at 12:24 PM, Bob Chaparro via Groups.Io wrote:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/28555987@N06/16514676841/in/album-72157678690227526/

I trust this car's origins are before the cutoff date for this group. Looking at the car's end, I wonder if this car was rebuilt from a boxcar?

Sure was… specifically from CN 508017 in 1967 — this car was originally built by Canadian Car & Foundry in April 1930, and was an example of a CNR 1929 standard boxcar.  As built, these were relatively low-roofed cars, and you can see more-or-less where the original roof line was.

Ian CranstoneOsgoode, Ontario, Canada

Donald B. Valentine

This sucker looks like it was a double decker for beef critters rather than sheep or hogs.

Just my thought from it's height, Don Valentine