Topics

Photo: D&RGW Gondola 70609 (1952)

Bob Chaparro

Photo: D&RGW Gondola 70609 (1952)

A photo from the Denver Public Library:

https://digital.denverlibrary.org/digital/collection/p15330coll22/id/81323/rec/349

Click on the double-headed arrow and then scroll to enlarge the image to get a good view of the gondola.

Taken at Montrose, Colorado.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

Steve and Barb Hile

Lots of interesting stuff in this photo including the hand transfer from the narrow gauge gon to a standard gauge one.  Several oil jobbers.  NSC end on the CN boxcar, Murphy end on the SSW boxcar, etc.

This is one to savor.

Thanks,

Steve Hile

Click on the double-headed arrow and then scroll to enlarge the image to get a good view of the gondola.

Taken at Montrose, Colorado.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

Richard Townsend

And not just any Murphy end on that SSW car. It looks like a 7/2/7. I've never seen an end like that. Or maybe it's even a 7/1/1/7 end.

Richard Townsend
Lincoln City, OR