Bob Chaparro

Photo: End Door Boxcar With Bus (1946)

Photo from the Royal BC Museum:

https://search-bcarchives.royalbcmuseum.bc.ca/uploads/r/null/0/f/0f8872a601c8fc443ba886f395b799422a0670b50d9e4a5383f78b58600afb08/i-01419_141.jpg

Flat car used as unloading platform.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

Brian Stokes

Wow, that is some tight clearance. A tonne of interesting stuff in this photo. Any idea who's auto box that might be?

--
Brian Stokes
North Point Street in Proto:48

StephenK

How did the driver get into the bus to drive it out of the car?  Through a side window?

Steve Kay

Tony Thompson

How did the driver get into the bus to drive it out of the car?  Through a side window?

Practice, practice, practice.

Tony Thompson

Charles Happel

Maybe he was shipped with it. ;-P

Chuck Happel

“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell

On Monday, May 31, 2021, 04:24:31 PM EDT, Tony Thompson <tony@...> wrote:

How did the driver get into the bus to drive it out of the car?  Through a side window?

Practice, practice, practice.

Tony Thompson

Brian Stokes

I wondered the same thing. The back door perhaps lined up with the box car doors?

--
Brian Stokes
North Point Street in Proto:48

Robert Allan

You'd ask the same question if you unloaded a Suburban or F150 from a Bi-Level autorack.

Answer: Hire skinny people.

Bob Allan

Chris Barkan

Here is another angle of the same operation

https://search-bcarchives.royalbcmuseum.bc.ca/unloading-vancouver-island-coach-lines-brill-bus-from-freight-car-victoria-2
--
Chris Barkan
Champaign, IL

Tim O'Connor

And there is a chain hanging from the undercarriage... The bus was pulled from the car.

On 6/1/2021 10:55 AM, Chris Barkan wrote:
Here is another angle of the same operation

https://search-bcarchives.royalbcmuseum.bc.ca/unloading-vancouver-island-coach-lines-brill-bus-from-freight-car-victoria-2
--
Chris Barkan
Champaign, IL

Sterling, Massachusetts

David W Beidle

Maybe the bus driver had to stay on board for the whole trip?  (8^)

Dave in St Louis

Doug Auburg

I can’t find the original post referred to in this subject.  Can someone please direct me to where I can view it?  The topic seems fascinating.

Doug Auburg

Battle Ground WA

gary laakso

Doug, click on the header below that “View/Reply online”. Once there you can see ALL the messages on the subject and that includes the picture.

Gary Laakso

Northwest of Mike Brock

I can’t find the original post referred to in this subject.  Can someone please direct me to where I can view it?  The topic seems fascinating.

Doug Auburg

Battle Ground WA

Schuyler Larrabee

This is the original post on the subject.

Schuyler