Photo: FDEX Reefer 7063 (1953)

Bob Chaparro

Photo: FDEX Reefer 7063 (1953)

A photo from the University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee Libraries:

https://collections.lib.uwm.edu/digital/collection/agsnorth/id/8054/rec/26

Click on the arrows and scroll on the photo to enlarge it.

Double deck car.

These FDEX reefers had double decks permanently installed to handle loads that were easily crushed or were in consumer type packaging. Cars under these reporting marks included at least two different types of wood sheathed cars and at least one type of steel sheathed car with two different types of steel side panel construction.

I wish I could share this phot with Bill Welsh, who provided most of this information.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA