Topics

Photo: Inflammable Placard (1926)

Bob Chaparro

Photo: Inflammable Placard (1926)

A photo from the National Archives of Canada:

https://www.bac-lac.gc.ca/eng/CollectionSearch/Pages/record.aspx?app=FonAndCol&IdNumber=3349104

This photo can be enlarged quite a bit.

I'll bet you didn't know maple sugar could burst into flames. Probably good for pancakes flambé.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

Patrick Wade

Interesting tidbit.

On Oct 30, 2020, at 9:02 AM, Bob Chaparro via groups.io <chiefbobbb@...> wrote:

Photo: Inflammable Placard (1926)

A photo from the National Archives of Canada:

https://www.bac-lac.gc.ca/eng/CollectionSearch/Pages/record.aspx?app=FonAndCol&IdNumber=3349104

This photo can be enlarged quite a bit.

I'll bet you didn't know maple sugar could burst into flames. Probably good for pancakes flambé.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

Dave Parker

Presumably, the INFLAMMABLE placard is left over from some other load in that car.  Or, did I miss the tongue-in-cheek nature of the original post?
--
Dave Parker
Swall Meadows, CA

Eric Hansmann

Cool to see a Canadian Northern car in a 1926 image.

As far as the inflammable placard, it might be in regard to another load in this car. Especially if this is carrying LCL.

Eric Hansmann

Murfreesboro, TN

A photo from the National Archives of Canada:

https://www.bac-lac.gc.ca/eng/CollectionSearch/Pages/record.aspx?app=FonAndCol&IdNumber=3349104

This photo can be enlarged quite a bit.

I'll bet you didn't know maple sugar could burst into flames. Probably good for pancakes flambé.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

RICH CHAPIN

Perhaps someone forgot to remove the placard????

Andy Brusgard <ajb1102@...>

Must be a car in LCL service.  Why else have a scale inside?