Topics

Photo: Loading A Fire Truck

Bob Chaparro

Photo: Loading A Fire Truck

Eric Kurowski posted these photos on the Facebook Railroad Images Of Bygone Days site. I believe we've seen the photo of the entire boxcar before.
I imagine the fellow on the truck had to duck when the last few feet of the fire truck entered the boxcar.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

Brian Shumaker

American La France firetruck Co., in Elmira NY? These cars were made, I believe, just for them. This might be unloading somewhere as I see a Western Maryland Freight House in the background and WM didn't go to Elmira.

Benjamin Hom

Brian Shumaker wrote:
"American La France firetruck Co., in Elmira NY? These cars were made, I believe, just for them."

Car (singular).  PRR 59861, Class X30.

Kenneth Montero

Brasstrains.com has two copies of this car for sale - factory painted - Crown Custom Imports - for those who want to see a model.

Ken Montero

On 09/01/2020 9:21 AM Benjamin Hom <b.hom@...> wrote:

Brian Shumaker wrote:
"American La France firetruck Co., in Elmira NY? These cars were made, I believe, just for them."

Car (singular).  PRR 59861, Class X30.

John Barry

I have one of the Crown Custom Imports models of the X30 in the Later Oxide Red-Later Keystone.  Before I strip and repaint as shown below, does anyone have one in Circle Keystone that they are willing to trade for my later scheme?

John Barry

ATSF North Bay Lines
Golden Gates & Fast Freights
Lovettsville, VA