Topics

Photo: LV Boxcar 72286

Bob Chaparro

Photo: LV Boxcar 72286

Circa 1905 photo:

https://www.loc.gov/pictures/item/2016804745/

Click on one of the "View Larger" tabs to see this car in detail.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

Bud Rindfleisch

I have this photo a friend gave me a long time ago. An early version of the LV's "wrongway door" boxcar.
    Bud Rindfleisch

Eric Hansmann

LV 80212 was part of the 80001-80400 series of 34-foot IL boxcars. Only 48 were listed in the October 1926 ORER.

Eric Hansmann

Murfreesboro, TN

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bud Rindfleisch
Sent: Monday, January 20, 2020 8:28 AM
To: main@realstmfc.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Photo: LV Boxcar 72286

I have this photo a friend gave me a long time ago. An early version of the LV's "wrongway door" boxcar.

Bud Rindfleisch

Claus Schlund \(HGM\)

Hi Eric, Bud, and List Members,

There were 49 cars listed in this series in the 05-1926 ORER.

There were still two (2) cars listed in this series in the 12-1930 ORER.

Claus Schlund

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, January 20, 2020 11:59 AM

LV 80212 was part of the 80001-80400 series of 34-foot IL boxcars. Only 48 were listed in the October 1926 ORER.

Eric Hansmann

Murfreesboro, TN

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bud Rindfleisch
Sent: Monday, January 20, 2020 8:28 AM
To: main@realstmfc.groups.io

Bud Rindfleisch

G.J. Irwin

I'm particularly intrigued by the location of this photo since I can trace my heritage to Hoboken.  If I'm not mistaken, this is the southernmost end of the Hoboken Manufacturers Railroad, later known as the Hoboken Shore Line.  The Holland-America piers were just a couple of blocks north of the Lackawanna's Hoboken Terminal but were served from the north end of Hoboken.

I think this has been shared here before but in case not, or any new folks here... this is a short history of the Hoboken Shore Line.

http://hbs.railfan.net/

George Irwin
www.irwinsjournal.com