Topics

Photo: MC Automobile Boxcar 93033

Bob Chaparro

Photo: MC Automobile Boxcar 93033

A 1916 photo from the Illinois Digital Archives:

http://www.idaillinois.org/cdm/ref/collection/pshs/id/15140

This photo has good detail and can be enlarged quite a bit.

A door-and-a-half design

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

Donald B. Valentine

   Is that not an Al Westerfield special or is it the next earlier style? Can't recall.

Don Valentine

Todd Sullivan

I think that MC auto boxcar is similar or the same as the Westerfield kits here

https://id18538.securedata.net/westerfieldmodels.com/merchantmanager/index.php?cPath=98_295

Todd Sullivan

Schuyler Larrabee

Agreed, Todd.  My April ’50 ORER lists the series as 93000-94499. With 115 cars sill in service.

I do wish that when Westerfield’s website (Andrew Dahm’s now) said “click to enlarge” it actually did enlarge to a worthwhile image to check things out.  *whine over*

Schuyler