Photo: MDT Reefer 16883

Bob Chaparro

Photo: MDT Reefer 16883

Photo courtesy of Mike Robbins on Flickr:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/alcomike/40496560693/in/album-72157631664600097/

He writes:

“Merchants Despatch Refrigerator Line (MDT) wooden ice activated Reefer # 16883 (refrigerated box car) is seen at an unknown New Haven Railroad yard location, ca late 1930's.”

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

gary laakso

Great picture!  What are the padlock shaped devices on only one side of each ladder?

Gary Laakso

North west of Mike Brock

He writes:

“Merchants Despatch Refrigerator Line (MDT) wooden ice activated Reefer # 16883 (refrigerated box car) is seen at an unknown New Haven Railroad yard location, ca late 1930's.”

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

Schuyler Larrabee

Clamps, Gary.  Specially cast clamps to hold the ladder stiles close to the car at the midpoint.  There are similar clamps at the top and bottom of the ladders, particularly noticeable at the end ladder.

Schuyler

He writes:

“Merchants Despatch Refrigerator Line (MDT) wooden ice activated Reefer # 16883 (refrigerated box car) is seen at an unknown New Haven Railroad yard location, ca late 1930's.”

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

lrkdbn

A nice picture-pity it can't be downloaded...
LR King

Schuyler Larrabee

Contact me off list, please.

Schuyler

Schuyler *dot* larrabee (at) Verizon.net

From: Mark Kapka <markkapka@...>
Date: 4/21/21 11:02 AM (GMT-10:00)
To: "main@realstmfc.groups.io" <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>

Hi

I saved to desktop, then put in downloads.

Mark Kapka

lrkdbn

Thank you all for the computer advice! You made my day!
LR King