Topics

Photo: MDTX 18122

Bob Chaparro

Photo: MDTX 18122

A 1913 photo from the Historic Pittsburgh website:

https://historicpittsburgh.org/islandora/object/pitt%3A715.13B.CP/viewer

Scroll on the photo to enlarge it.

Only fair quality detail of roof and upper B end.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

Eric Hansmann

This is actually one of the scenes planned  for my next layout, minus the high water of course. This is on the B&O Allegheny Yard branch in Pittsburgh

Eric Hansmann

Murfreesboro, TN

A 1913 photo from the Historic Pittsburgh website:

https://historicpittsburgh.org/islandora/object/pitt%3A715.13B.CP/viewer

Scroll on the photo to enlarge it.

Only fair quality detail of roof and upper B end.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

Donald B. Valentine

    Given the way a reefer is sealed I would expect it would at least initially float in flood waters if it were empty. MDTX #18122, judging by the high water mark on its end, does not appear to have done so, nor

do the cars beyond it. This leads me to conclude that all were loaded. While not knowing what the boxcars might have been loaded with means it would be difficult to comment about the condition of their loads, I’ll venture to guess that that of the reefer must be a total loss.

Cordially, Don Valentine