Topics

Photo: Monon Flat Car 20385 With Transformer Load

Bob Chaparro

Photo: Monon Flat Car 20385 With Transformer Load

A 1922 photo from the Huntington Library:

https://hdl.huntington.org/digital/collection/p16003coll2/id/20359/rec/198

This photo can be enlarged quite a bit.

Unloading the load:

https://hdl.huntington.org/digital/collection/p16003coll2/id/20361/rec/199

My guess the receiving flat car is on Pacific Electric track and the load is destined for a PE substation. Only speculation on my part.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

Andy Carlson

Transferring to a narrow gauge flat car under wire--has to be an LARy (Los Angeles Railway-3'6" gauge) destined transformer.....

On Friday, January 15, 2021, 10:03:34 AM PST, Bob Chaparro via groups.io <chiefbobbb@...> wrote:

Photo: Monon Flat Car 20385 With Transformer Load

A 1922 photo from the Huntington Library:

https://hdl.huntington.org/digital/collection/p16003coll2/id/20359/rec/198

This photo can be enlarged quite a bit.

Unloading the load:

https://hdl.huntington.org/digital/collection/p16003coll2/id/20361/rec/199

My guess the receiving flat car is on Pacific Electric track and the load is destined for a PE substation. Only speculation on my part.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

Claus Schlund \(HGM\)

Hi Bob, Andy, and List members,

There is a third image showing this ongoing transfer and both flat cars...

Claus Schlund

Transferring to a narrow gauge flat car under wire--has to be an LARy (Los Angeles Railway-3'6" gauge) destined transformer.....

On Friday, January 15, 2021, 10:03:34 AM PST, Bob Chaparro via groups.io <chiefbobbb@...> wrote:

Photo: Monon Flat Car 20385 With Transformer Load

A 1922 photo from the Huntington Library:

https://hdl.huntington.org/digital/collection/p16003coll2/id/20359/rec/198

This photo can be enlarged quite a bit.

Unloading the load:

https://hdl.huntington.org/digital/collection/p16003coll2/id/20361/rec/199

My guess the receiving flat car is on Pacific Electric track and the load is destined for a PE substation. Only speculation on my part.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

Garth Groff and Sally Sanford

Andy and Claus,

If you blow this picture up, you will notice the narrow gauge car has traction couplers and fenders. Yes, it is likely a LARY car.

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff  🦆