Topics

Photo: Norfolk & Western Livestock Car 27699 (Built 1913)

Bob Chaparro

Photo: Norfolk & Western Livestock Car 27699 (Built 1913)

A photo from the Columbus Metropolitan Library:

https://digital-collections.columbuslibrary.org/digital/collection/transport/id/2784/rec/126

This is a very clear photo and can be enlarged quite a bit. You can even read the trust plate on this car.

My thanks to Bill West on the PRR Group for the link tip.

Bob Chaparro

Moderator

Railway Bull Shippers Group

https://groups.io/g/RailwayBullShippersGroup

Schuyler Larrabee

Interesting that the steel members in the side truss are channels, not Z-bars or angles.

Schuyler

Photo: Norfolk & Western Livestock Car 27699 (Built 1913)

A photo from the Columbus Metropolitan Library:

https://digital-collections.columbuslibrary.org/digital/collection/transport/id/2784/rec/126

This is a very clear photo and can be enlarged quite a bit. You can even read the trust plate on this car.

My thanks to Bill West on the PRR Group for the link tip.

Bob Chaparro

Moderator

Railway Bull Shippers Group

https://groups.io/g/RailwayBullShippersGroup

David

These were an extrapolation of the original 1902 Seley-design box car on N&W.

David Thompson