Photo: NYC Gondola 501235 With Heavily Weathered Canisters

Bob Chaparro

Photo: NYC Gondola 501235 With Heavily Weathered Canisters

Photo from the New York Central Historical Society:

https://nycshs.omeka.net/items/show/96588

The car has been “white lined” so probably on way to scrapper.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

schmuck804_99@...

Says Coalburg Ohio. That was a ex LS&MS yard that was turned into a scrap yard.(Midwest Steel and Alloy Scrap) Erie's lone 44 tonner was the shop switchers and the first GG1 "rivets" was scrapped there. It is all a field now.

Chris S.

Tim O'Connor

On 7/4/2021 12:26 PM, schmuck804_99 via groups.io wrote:
Says Coalburg Ohio. That was a ex LS&MS yard that was turned into a scrap yard.(Midwest Steel and Alloy Scrap) Erie's lone 44 tonner was the shop switchers and the first GG1 "rivets" was scrapped there. It is all a field now.

Chris S.

Sterling, Massachusetts

Benjamin Hom

Chris S. wrote:
"Says Coalburg Ohio. That was a ex LS&MS yard that was turned into a scrap yard.(Midwest Steel and Alloy Scrap) Erie's lone 44 tonner was the shop switchers and the first GG1 "rivets" was scrapped there. It is all a field now."

"Old Rivets" being scrapped in Ohio is news to me.  PRR 4800 (ex-4899) is currently at the Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania.

Ben Hom

Claus Schlund \(HGM\)

Hi Bob and List Members,

To my somewhat inexperienced eyes, this gon looks like it may have started out in life as a USRA mill gon (or clone of such). Do others agree?

Claus Schlund

Photo: NYC Gondola 501235 With Heavily Weathered Canisters

Photo from the New York Central Historical Society:

https://nycshs.omeka.net/items/show/96588

The car has been “white lined” so probably on way to scrapper.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

William Dale

Group,
     Does anyone know what happened to the presentation material on these cement gons from the late Ron Parisi? He had done a great amount of research and modeling as well.

Billy

schmuck804_99@...

I must have been wrong about "old rivets". Here are a string on GG1's being scrapped in 1979 at Midwest.

Chris S.