Topics

Photo: Pacific Electric Boxcar 2082 At El Monte Depot (Undated)

Bob Chaparro

Photo: Pacific Electric Boxcar 2082 At El Monte Depot (Undated)

Photo from the Los Angeles Public Library:

https://tessa.lapl.org/cdm/singleitem/collection/photos/id/85349/rec/180

Use the slider to enlarge the photo.

From Michael Starkey's comments about PE 2417 it appears that 2082 is from

the Old Pacific Electric in the series 2072-2124.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

Tony Thompson

Bob Chaparro wrote:

Photo: Pacific Electric Boxcar 2082 At El Monte Depot (Undated)
Photo from the Los Angeles Public Library:
Use the slider to enlarge the photo.
I checked Thompson's SP boxcar book and there is no PE series for this car so it doesn't fall into PE cars from SP's Huntington Common Standard or Harriman Period groups.

      The rather miscellaneous fleet of cars acquired by the "new PE" from the "old PE" and elsewhere are quite a complex story, well covered in several PE books, notably _Interurbans Special 37_ which forms Volume III of the complete _Cars of the Pacific Electric_ history. As those early freight cars were not directly SP heritage cars, I chose not to cover them in my SP car volumes. I did offer citations to the Interurbans Special.

Tony Thompson