Topics

Photo: PFE Reefer With Ventilator Hood Propped Open

Bob Chaparro

Photo: PFE Reefer With Ventilator Hood Propped Open

A undated photo from the Louisiana Digital Library

https://louisianadigitallibrary.org/islandora/object/hnoc-clf%3A6627

This photo can be enlarged quite a bit. Click on the photo and then scroll on it.

The car number is illegible.

The ventilator appears to be a Bohn Standard Ventilator. In the few photos I've seen I've never seen this kind of ventilator propped open in this manner.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

Tony Thompson

Bob Chaparro wrote:

Photo: PFE Reefer With Ventilator Hood Propped Open

A undated photo from the Louisiana Digital Library

https://louisianadigitallibrary.org/islandora/object/hnoc-clf%3A6627

This photo can be enlarged quite a bit. Click on the photo and then scroll on it.

The car number is illegible.

The ventilator appears to be a Bohn Standard Ventilator. In the few photos I've seen I've never seen this kind of ventilator propped open in this manner.

     Car number is indeed illegible but appears to be four digits, consistent with the pre-1917 car lettering.
      The huge fleet of Dunbar Molasses and Soap Company tank cars in the distance is pretty interesting too.

Tony Thompson

Claus Schlund \(HGM\)

Hi Bob and Tony

Great image. I do suspect it is "Dunbar Molasses and Syrup Company", not "Dunbar Molasses and Soap Company"

Claus Schlund