From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> on behalf of Bob Chaparro via groups.io <chiefbobbb@...>
Sent: Wednesday, October 7, 2020 11:18 AM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>
Subject: [RealSTMFC] Photo: PRR Boxcar 559589 (Undated)

Photo: PRR Boxcar 559589 (Undated)

A photo from the Historic Pittsburgh website:

https://historicpittsburgh.org/islandora/object/pitt%3AMSP210.B014.I05/viewer

Ignore the flat car. Scroll on the photo to enlarge it.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

Claus Schlund \(HGM\)

Hi Bob,

Thanks for digging up this wonderful image!

The car PRR 559589 is a PRR class XL boxcar. The UNION LINES lettering limits the photo to the twenties or earlier.

> Ignore the flat car

With all due respect, I will spend a minute on the flat car - it appears to be PFW&CRW 931651, a PRR class FM flat. I like all the chalk marks on the car! I notice the inscription "11" over "28" under the CAPY stencil, this may indicate a reweigh date of 11-1928

There is also an additional PRR class XL boxcar and a PRR class GR gon to look at as well

Claus Schlund

A photo from the Historic Pittsburgh website:

https://historicpittsburgh.org/islandora/object/pitt%3AMSP210.B014.I05/viewer

Ignore the flat car. Scroll on the photo to enlarge it.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

Eric Hansmann

Claus,

The 11/28 you see on the flat car is the month and day. The year is to the right in a larger stencil, 03. This was common practice from 1900 to the early Teens.

The flat car seems to have a NEW stencil just below the isometric chalk drawing. That drawing obscures a DET 11.03 stencil.

Eric Hansmann

Murfreesboro, TN

Thanks for digging up this wonderful image!

The car PRR 559589 is a PRR class XL boxcar. The UNION LINES lettering limits the photo to the twenties or earlier.

> Ignore the flat car

With all due respect, I will spend a minute on the flat car - it appears to be PFW&CRW 931651, a PRR class FM flat. I like all the chalk marks on the car! I notice the inscription "11" over "28" under the CAPY stencil, this may indicate a reweigh date of 11-1928

There is also an additional PRR class XL boxcar and a PRR class GR gon to look at as well

Claus Schlund

A photo from the Historic Pittsburgh website:

https://historicpittsburgh.org/islandora/object/pitt%3AMSP210.B014.I05/viewer

Ignore the flat car. Scroll on the photo to enlarge it.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

Tony Thompson

Bob Chaparro wrote:

Photo: PRR Boxcar 559589 (Undated)
A photo from the Historic Pittsburgh website:
Ignore the flat car. Scroll on the photo to enlarge it.

  Heck with ignoring the flat car! That's a terrific load, a power shear, from Mesta Machine.

Tony Thompson