Photo: PRR Gondola 2785 (1916)

Bob Chaparro

Photo: PRR Gondola 2785 (1916)

A photo from the Library Company of Philadelphia Digital Collections:

https://digital.librarycompany.org/islandora/object/digitool%3A37814?solr_nav%5Bid%5D=4d6f868b6fe76befedd0&solr_nav%5Bpage%5D=0&solr_nav%5Boffset%5D=0

Scroll on the photo to enlarge it.

Partial view. Class GHc?

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

Dave Parker

I think it's a P&R car, number 27185 (the 1 is hiding behind the stake).  Nothing lines up with it being a PRR car.
--
Dave Parker
Swall Meadows, CA

Eric Hansmann

I agree that the gondola is P&R. Note the car class of GHc. This doesn’t mesh with any Pennsy class gondola.

Eric Hansmann

Murfreesboro, TN