Topics

Photo: Replacement siding on a reefer

Dennis Storzek

Also a new ladder, the result of a classic "cornering" collision, I'm sure.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/mit-libraries/3441330455/in/album-72157614966285159/

Dennis Storzek

Garth Groff and Sally Sanford

Friends,

Also take note of the CNR eight-hatch reefer in the background.

Yours Aye,

Mungo Napier, Laird of Mallard Lodge  🦆

On Mon, Jan 20, 2020 at 9:36 PM Dennis Storzek <destorzek@...> wrote:
Also a new ladder, the result of a classic "cornering" collision, I'm sure.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/mit-libraries/3441330455/in/album-72157614966285159/

Dennis Storzek

Bob Chaparro

Notice the boot scuff marks. This is a good detail for weathering

Here is another example of scuff marks made by boots. https://www.loc.gov/pictures/item/2016873160/

Use the "View Larger" tab to enlarge the photo.

Bob Chaparro
Hemet, CA

Tim O'Connor

Number appears to be PFE 96505 - an R-30-9 (Red Caboose) or R-40-9 (RC + Tichy underframe) rebuild.

Tim

--
*Tim O'Connor*
*Sterling, Massachusetts*

Tim and All,

The PFE reefer is an R-30-9 with a single beam under frame.

You can tell this by the jacking pad.

Dan Smith