Topics

Photo: Rio Grande Flatcar 23018 (1956)

Bob Chaparro

Photo: Rio Grande Flatcar 23018 (1956)

Photo from the State Historical Society Of Missouri:

https://cdm17228.contentdm.oclc.org/digital/collection/imc/id/12757/rec/9

Scroll on the photo to enlarge it.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

Chad Boas

Look at the IC hopper in the background. One of these days, I will get around to redoing my kit for that car.
Chad Boas

Garth Groff and Sally Sanford

Friends,

D&RGW series 23000-23099 were 53' 6", 50-ton cars built by AC&F in 1956. They were nearly identical to series 22000-22199 built in 1944 by Mt. Vernon, and 22200-22249 which were built by the D&RGW itself in 1951. All are close matches for the PK2000 flat car.

Credit Jim Eager for this information. It's from his RIO GRANDE COLOR GUIDE TO FREIGHT AND PASSENGER EQUIPMENT (Morning Sun, 1996).

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff  🦆

On Tue, Oct 20, 2020 at 2:43 PM Bob Chaparro via groups.io <chiefbobbb=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:

Photo: Rio Grande Flatcar 23018 (1956)

Photo from the State Historical Society Of Missouri:

https://cdm17228.contentdm.oclc.org/digital/collection/imc/id/12757/rec/9

Scroll on the photo to enlarge it.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

Jeffrey White

I'm patiently waiting.......

Jeff White

Alma, IL

On 10/20/2020 4:46 PM, Chad Boas via groups.io wrote:
Look at the IC hopper in the background. One of these days, I will get around to redoing my kit for that car.
Chad Boas

Chet

Chad

That was the first thing I noticed when I looked at the photo.  Just last night I was looking at the three I have in different
stages of construction.

Chet French
Dixon, IL