Sent: Sunday, April 18, 2021 12:08 PM
Subject: [RealSTMFC] Photo: Sampling A Tank Car Load

Photo: Sampling A Tank Car Load

A photo from the Hagley Digital Archives:

https://digital.hagley.org/1972341_2765

Scroll on the photo to enlarge it.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

Dave Parker

On Sun, Apr 18, 2021 at 11:50 AM, Claus Schlund \(HGM\) wrote:
I wonder what it would take to reproduce the aged and weathered look of that car's outer surface of chipped paint layers.
For those who use acrylics, Vallejo's Chipping Medium might be a starting point.  There's also the old hairspray technique (which I have not tried).

-
Dave Parker
Swall Meadows, CA

Jared Harper