Photo: Saratoga & Encampment Railway Boxcar 322 (1913)

Bob Chaparro

Photo: Saratoga & Encampment Railway Boxcar 322 (1913)

A photo from the University of Wyoming:

http://digitalcollections.uwyo.edu/luna/servlet/detail/uwydbuwy~6~6~2783~302030:Fred--Hopka--and-Hick--Elderkin---E?qvq=q:railroad&mi=2784&trs=3026

Scroll on the photo to enlarge it.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

Jerry Michels

A few photos over is a side view of an SP boxcar.  What was the ML&T?.  Bob, these are wonderful.  I lived for 10 years in Laramie, and usually made the lumberjack and rodeo celebrations in Saratoga and Encampment.

Bill Keene

A very interesting photo. A small slice of a past time.

There are a good number of photos in this collection. The following is one of my favorites…

Enjoy & Cheers,
Bill Keene
Irvine, CA

On Jun 19, 2021, at 8:45 AM, Bob Chaparro via groups.io <chiefbobbb@...> wrote:

Photo: Saratoga & Encampment Railway Boxcar 322 (1913)
A photo from the University of Wyoming:
Scroll on the photo to enlarge it.
Bob Chaparro
Hemet, CA

Tim O'Connor

Morgans Louisiana & Texas

On 6/19/2021 12:47 PM, Jerry Michels wrote:
A few photos over is a side view of an SP boxcar.  What was the ML&T?.  Bob, these are wonderful.  I lived for 10 years in Laramie, and usually made the lumberjack and rodeo celebrations in Saratoga and Encampment.
_._,_._,_

Sterling, Massachusetts

earlyrail

ML&T
Morgans Louisiana & Texas
Howard Garner

Jerry Michels

Thanks Tim. The line to Encampment was gone or mostly gone by the 1970s when I was there. The Woodchoppers Jamboree was interesting.  Mainly a large crowd of University of Wyoming students drinking beer and smoking pot.  I often wonder about a family coming to the Janboree on their 'vacation' and deciding to go to the jamboree!