Topics

Photo: Shoveling Ears Of Corn Into A Boxcar (Circa 1910)

Bob Chaparro

Edited

Photo: Shoveling Ears Of Corn Into A Boxcar (Circa 1910)

A photo from the Nebraska State Historical Society:

https://nebraskahistory.pastperfectonline.com/photo/EB2906D4-A317-4423-9489-033893331726

Click on the photo to enlarge it.

Unless someone forgot to tell him where the side door was my guess is that he's just toping off the load.

I'm sure this was not unusual but it's the first photo I've seen, excepting lumber, of anyone loading through the inspection/lumber door.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

Douglas Harding

MSTL boxcar 9511, built in 1906 by ACF. My records show one of a 1000, but the 1907 ORER shows 895 cars.

Doug Harding

www.iowacentralrr.org