From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bob Chaparro via groups.io
Sent: Tuesday, October 20, 2020 2:42 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: [RealSTMFC] Photo: SLRX 4539 (Circa 1947)

Photo: SLRX 4539 (Circa 1947)

Photo from the State Historical Society Of Missouri:

https://cdm17228.contentdm.oclc.org/digital/collection/imc/id/12368/rec/1

Scroll on the photo to enlarge it.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

Garth Groff and Sally Sanford

Friends,

This car was a great find, but it is not quite unique. It is from series 4500-4599 and is an RB, or bunkerless refrigerator.

What I find most interesting is that we've seen these ends before. A picture posted here sometime ago (I think) shows similar car 4216, part of 4200-4224 which has a similar end. Interesting that this car has an overhanging roof. This car has a 1940 build date, so I would not surprised if it is actually a rebuild, but who knows.

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff  🦆

On Tue, Oct 20, 2020 at 2:42 PM Bob Chaparro via groups.io <chiefbobbb=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:

Photo: SLRX 4539 (Circa 1947)

Photo from the State Historical Society Of Missouri:

https://cdm17228.contentdm.oclc.org/digital/collection/imc/id/12368/rec/1

Scroll on the photo to enlarge it.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

Barry Bennett

I have a photo of 4815 which is near identical with these ends built in 1937.

Barry Bennett, UK