Topics

Photo: Southern Ventilated Boxcar

Bob Chaparro

Photo: Southern Ventilated Boxcar

A 1907 photo from the Wisconsin Historical Society:

https://www.wisconsinhistory.org/Records/Image/IM143896

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

Donald B. Valentine

    Thanks for the photo of a Southern Rwy. Ventilated boxcar Bob. I’ve know they had some but never had a photo of one before. But a “hay stacker” in the foreground? I don’t think so. What you see is an ordinary buck rake like my father used to bring our hay in when I was of school age only ours was mounted on the Ford Model 8N tractor that it was made for. The one in the photo is obviously horse drawn as where early hay stackers as well but they were considerably more complex than this buck rake.

Cordially, Don Valentine