Topics

Photo: St.L.K.&NW Boxcar At Brick Works

Bob Chaparro

Photo: St.L.K.&NW Boxcar At Brick Works

A circa late 1890 to early 1900s photo from the Iowa University Libraries:

https://digital.lib.uiowa.edu/islandora/object/ui%3Ajohncalvin_261

Scroll on the photo to enlarge it.

Interesting end detail on the boxcar.

The car was part of the Burlington system. I'm guessing the reporting marks stood for St. Louis, Kansas & North Western.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

Gary Roe

Bob,

That is St. Louis, Keokuk & Northwestern.

gary roe
quincy, illinois

On Saturday, July 4, 2020, 6:29:10 PM CDT, Bob Chaparro via groups.io <chiefbobbb@...> wrote:

Photo: St.L.K.&NW Boxcar At Brick Works

A circa late 1890 to early 1900s photo from the Iowa University Libraries:

https://digital.lib.uiowa.edu/islandora/object/ui%3Ajohncalvin_261

Scroll on the photo to enlarge it.

Interesting end detail on the boxcar.

The car was part of the Burlington system. I'm guessing the reporting marks stood for St. Louis, Kansas & North Western.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

William Hirt

St. Louis Keokuk & North Western. The "K" Line moniker was used by the CB&Q after it acquired the StLK&NW and is still used by BNSF today for the route from Burlington, Iowa, to St. Louis.

The Burlington Route Historical Society within the last month just released an entire bulletin about Keokuk. There are several pages of history and discussion of the StLK&NW.

Bill Hirt