Topics

Photo: T&P Gondola 17695 (1938)

Bob Chaparro

Photo: T&P Gondola 17695 (1938)

A photo from the New York Public Library:

https://digitalcollections.nypl.org/items/59bab700-bf76-0136-e236-0ef34241574b

This image can be enlarged.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

Garth Groff and Sally Sanford

Friends,

O.K. Clumsy fingers. What I wanted to say was that these are early Sinclair cars (before the giant "Sinclair" was plastered down the cars' sides). It should say "Sinclair Oils" on their sides. "Sinclair" appears to have been airbrushed from the cars closest to the camera, leaving only "Oils".

That twin compartment tank is very interesting. No dome platforms.

Thanks for the find Bob. I'm married to a Sinclair descendant, and my layout features a Sinclair dealer. As the Ferengi rules of acquisition say, "It never hurts to suck up to the boss."

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff  🦆