Topics

Photo: Tank Car Outside Brewery (1913)

Bob Chaparro

Photo: Tank Car Outside Brewery (1913)

A photo from the Historic Pittsburgh Collection:

https://historicpittsburgh.org/islandora/object/pitt%3A715.133908.CP

Click on the photo and then scroll to enlarge it.

Photo editing software will bring out the detail.

The car appears to be I.R Co. 3_2 with full-length running boards and hand rails.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

Garth Groff and Sally Sanford

Friends,

Here's a screen grab with a bit of Photoshop magic of the tank car at the Iron City Brewery. It is marked I. R. Co. 32, and appears to be an AC&F Type 7. Another very interesting tank car is behind it, but sadly only the dome is visible.

Yours Aye,

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff  🦆

On Fri, Sep 11, 2020 at 1:36 PM Bob Chaparro via groups.io <chiefbobbb=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:

Photo: Tank Car Outside Brewery (1913)

A photo from the Historic Pittsburgh Collection:

https://historicpittsburgh.org/islandora/object/pitt%3A715.133908.CP

Click on the photo and then scroll to enlarge it.

Photo editing software will bring out the detail.

The car appears to be I.R Co. 3_2 with full-length running boards and hand rails.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

Chuck Soule

With a keg that size, you think it would go flat before it was all used!

Richard Brennan

At 12:28 PM 9/11/2020, Garth Groff and Sally Sanford wrote:
Here's a screen grab with a bit of Photoshop magic of the tank car at the Iron City Brewery. It is marked I. R. Co. 32, and appears to be an AC&F Type 7. Another very interesting tank car is behind it, but sadly only the dome is visible.
The tank car at the iron City Brewery -probably- has a 3-digit number... perhaps 302 or 312;
There is an AC&F builders' photo of IRCo 309... (date unreadable),
an apparently identical car for the Indian Refining Company of Georgetown KY...

Richard Brennan - San Leandro CA

Claus Schlund \(HGM\)

Hi List Members,

Entirely by coincidence, I came across some images of Indian Refining Co tank cars in the Barriger collection today... see links below:

One of the cars may have reporting marks IRCX 798, but hard to say for sure.

I have to say, it looks like a totally rag-tag collection of cars, many different types, only a few that match each other.

Claus Schlund