Photo: Tank Cars At National Zinc Separating Company Plant

Bob Chaparro

Photo: Tank Cars At National Zinc Separating Company Plant

https://www.wisconsinhistory.org/Records/Image/IM83064

A 1925 photo from the Wisconsin Historical Society:

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

George Eichelberger

Might I suggest that RealSTMFC does not need to morph into a directory of photos on the Internet?

Richard Townsend

I suggest to those who don't want to look at these photos don't look at them. I have skipped over some when I have been busy, but I have enjoyed many of them. I say keep them coming.

Richard Townsend
Lincoln City, OR

-----Original Message-----
To: main@realstmfc.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>
Sent: Fri, Jul 24, 2020 1:41 pm
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Photo: Tank Cars At National Zinc Separating Company Plant

Might I suggest that RealSTMFC does not need to morph into a directory of photos on the Internet?

Dave Parker

I'm inclined to agree with Richard, but would suggest that the posters of these many photos try and include a date in the subject line, even if approximate.  In conjunction with a road name, this can help a lot with deciding whether or not I need to take a peek, or can skip it and move on.
--
Dave Parker
Swall Meadows, CA

Schuyler Larrabee

Most of them contain such a date in the link, or the subject line, and is, agreed, one of the gates I use to decide whether I want to look at it or not.

Keep posting.

Schuyler

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dave Parker via groups.io
Sent: Friday, July 24, 2020 6:26 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Photo: Tank Cars At National Zinc Separating Company Plant

I'm inclined to agree with Richard, but would suggest that the posters of these many photos try and include a date in the subject line, even if approximate.  In conjunction with a road name, this can help a lot with deciding whether or not I need to take a peek, or can skip it and move on.
--
Dave Parker
Swall Meadows, CA

George Eichelberger

A two-word Google search returned a site with a list of 6,824 railroad photos…and that only included the “A”s. Would it be more useful for someone to post individual links to each on the STMFC?

Bob Chaparro

Hi, George -
This group to a large extent is an information sharing group and that is what I am doing.
I receive many, many private messages thanking me for the photo links.
If the information is available I include the year, the railroad and the car type to allow folks to find the link at a later time.
I also include the information so that those not interested can skip the message post.
Does that seem reasonable to you?
Bob Chaparro
Hemet, CA

erieblt2

I thank Bob for his work, and hope he will continue. His intro is sufficient to have me evaluate what the photo is about, and to decide if I will check it out. We all do get a lot of email and have to make choices. Thanks again Bob for your research. Bill S

David

To get back to the actual topic, does anyone know how to zoom or enlarge this photo? The car looks like a pre-tank-anchor German-American product, and a larger version would be nice.

David Thompson

Bruce Smith

David,

Unfortunately, that particular archive has no zoom function. I downloaded the photo, but the scan resolution was such that it really could not be enlarged.

Regards,
Bruce
Bruce Smith
Auburn, AL

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> on behalf of David via groups.io <jaydeet2001@...>
Sent: Saturday, July 25, 2020 12:52 PM
To: RealSTMFC@groups.io <RealSTMFC@groups.io>
Subject: [RealSTMFC] Photo: Tank Cars At National Zinc Separating Company Plant

To get back to the actual topic, does anyone know how to zoom or enlarge
this photo? The car looks like a pre-tank-anchor German-American
product, and a larger version would be nice.

David Thompson

Brian Termunde

Bob;
You are certainly one of the most prolific posters on this on and my other groups! That's NOT a complaint, it is praise! 

While many of your posts, or rather, the subjects of your post are of little interest to me personally, I am but one person in this and those groups. So even though I don't view each and every link, I DO appreciate you taking the time to share them with us! You are very generous doing so.

I hope that you continue to share your discoveries with us, I'm very grateful, here, and on our other groups! Again, Thank you very much!

Take Care,

Brian R. Termunde
Midvale, Utah