Topics

Photo: TCWX Tank Car 115 (1931)

Bob Chaparro

Photo: TCWX Tank Car 115 (1931)

Photo from the Science History Institute:

https://digital.sciencehistory.org/works/8w32r666s/viewer/cn69m512g

Click and scroll to enlarge.

Also Reading boxcar 100053.

TCWX are the reporting marks for Charles Lennig & Company

The company evidently had a Baldwin locomotive:

https://digitalcollections.smu.edu/digital/collection/rwy/id/2900/

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

Garth Groff and Sally Sanford

Bob,

O.K. I got it. TCWX belongs to Charles Lennig & Co. and that's what is on the sides of the tank cars, except it is partly obscured by spillage.

But is Lennig the only company using the TCWX mark, or are they a leasing company with cars assigned to other customers?

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff ¬†ūü¶Ü

On Thu, Oct 8, 2020 at 12:58 PM Bob Chaparro via groups.io <chiefbobbb=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:

Photo: TCWX Tank Car 115 (1931)

Photo from the Science History Institute:

https://digital.sciencehistory.org/works/8w32r666s/viewer/cn69m512g

Click and scroll to enlarge.

Also Reading boxcar 100053.

TCWX are the reporting marks for Charles Lennig & Company

The company evidently had a Baldwin locomotive:

https://digitalcollections.smu.edu/digital/collection/rwy/id/2900/

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

Richard Townsend

TCWX 115 is 4,200 gallons capacity.

Richard Townsend
Lincoln City, OR

Photo from the Science History Institute:
Click and scroll to enlarge.
Also Reading boxcar 100053.
TCWX are the reporting marks for Charles Lennig & Company
The company evidently had a Baldwin locomotive:
Bob Chaparro
Hemet, CA

Claus Schlund \(HGM\)

ÔĽŅ
Hi Bob and List Members,

RDG 100053 was a 40ft steel car RDG class XMt. It would have been fairly new at the time of this photo.

Claus Schlund

Photo from the Science History Institute:

https://digital.sciencehistory.org/works/8w32r666s/viewer/cn69m512g

Click and scroll to enlarge.

Also Reading boxcar 100053.

TCWX are the reporting marks for Charles Lennig & Company

The company evidently had a Baldwin locomotive:

https://digitalcollections.smu.edu/digital/collection/rwy/id/2900/

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

Just a minor side note, the RDG 100053 boxcar is of interest to me, only by coincidence. I model and research the Georgetown Branch of the B&O, with my layout set ca 1945-55. In one of the rare steam era photos I have in my files there is a car from the same series; RDG 100225. According to http://www.steamerafreightcars.com/gallery/boxauto/rdg102751main.html these cars were from the same series of 500 cars built 3/25 by ACF, class XMt.

Here is the photo, May 30, 1956, Bethesda, MD, by R. Mumford.
http://gallery.sluggyjunx.com/railroad_and_industrial/georgetownbranch/gb_prototype_photos/r_mumford_collection/mumford-b-w_prints/35
(click to embiggen)

As a modeler, of course, I'm interested in representing this on my layout so the search is on for me to find out more about these cars in the HO scale space. Anyway, thank you for sharing!

--
Ben Sullivan
Brookeville, MD

O Fenton Wells

I wish Tahoe made Taylor trucks.  Does anybody?
Fenton

On Fri, Oct 9, 2020 at 9:28 AM Ben Sullivan <ben.sullivan75@...> wrote:
[...]

250 Frye Rd
Pinehurst NC 28374
910-420-8106
srrfan1401@...

Kenneth Montero

Eastern Car Works made some (no.9052). Richard Hendrickson's article shows that the kit can be built with either coil or leaf springs.

LaBelle Woodworking has the former Behlehem Car Works Taylor coil springs trucks (no.521). Bethlehem Car Works had the leaf spring version (no. 1218) that was sold to LaBelle, but it has yet to show up on LaBelle's website.

Ken Montero

On 10/09/2020 4:24 PM O Fenton Wells <srrfan1401@...> wrote:

[...]

Thanks to all who gave me input
Much appreciated