Topics

Photo: UP/OSL Boxcar 18761

Bob Chaparro

Photo: UP/OSL Boxcar 18761

Taken in 1931 at Los Angeles.

http://digitallibrary.usc.edu/cdm/compoundobject/collection/p15799coll170/id/35517/rec/381

Use slider to enlarge photo.

Promotional photo for Maxwell House Coffee.

Banner reads "Straight Car". Anyone familiar with the term?

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

Bob Chaparro

Same car before the banner was attached.

http://digitallibrary.usc.edu/cdm/compoundobject/collection/p15799coll170/id/35089/rec/2

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

Richard Townsend

I think the banner was a fake, added by an artist to the photo or negative, not really on the car.

Richard Townsend
Lincoln City, OR

Same car before the banner was attached.
Bob Chaparro
Hemet, CA

Jeff

The description says the sign is "painted on" - but it looks like a nailed on banner, until you look at the nailheads and realize they are just black blobs in the same color as the sign wording.

--
Jeff Shultz
http://www.shultzinfosystems.com

Dennis Storzek

On Thu, Jan 23, 2020 at 10:25 AM, Jeff wrote:
The description says the sign is "painted on" -
Well, it is "painted on"... on the negative, that is.

Dennis Storzek