Photo: Wabash Outside Braced Boxcar

Bob Chaparro

Photo: Wabash Outside Braced Boxcar

A photo from the University of Texas-Arlington Archives:

https://library.uta.edu/digitalgallery/img/20091771

Click on the photo twice to fully enlarge it.

Circa 1947. Car number is not apparent.

A B&O wagon-top boxcar also is shown.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

Gary Roe

Bob,

Wabash car is 76000 series.  Can't make out last 3 digits.

Photo taken at Fort Worth ATSF Station, in background to left.

gary roe
quincy, illinois

On Wednesday, March 31, 2021, 11:34:04 AM CDT, Bob Chaparro via groups.io <chiefbobbb@...> wrote:

Photo: Wabash Outside Braced Boxcar

A photo from the University of Texas-Arlington Archives:

https://library.uta.edu/digitalgallery/img/20091771

Click on the photo twice to fully enlarge it.

Circa 1947. Car number is not apparent.

A B&O wagon-top boxcar also is shown.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

Jim Betz

 ... plus 3 steamers, a caboose, a diesel and no less than 18 guys ... nice photo!

  Anyone know where in Texas this ATSF location is?
                                                                                                       - Jim

mopacfirst

Gary Roe is correct.  To be more specific, this photo looks more or less due north, and downtown Fort Worth is in the distance on the left.  The 1899 Santa Fe station still exists, and it's now the 'event space' for the Ashton Hotel, which is not visible in this shot since it's only six stories tall..  It started its life as the Fort Worth Club.  There is a hotel visible in the distance just to the right of the station's roof, which is the Fort Worth Hilton now.

Ron Merrick

mopacfirst

One more thing:

There is a Frisco RPO-coach on the second track in from the track where the switcher is working in the coachyard.

Ron Merrick

Claus Schlund \(HGM\)

Hi List members,

I believe there is a PRR class R50b express reefer immediately to the right of locomotive 1955, under the vertical cylinder structures. These cars got around!

Claus Schlund

Wabash car is 76000 series.  Can't make out last 3 digits.

Photo taken at Fort Worth ATSF Station, in background to left.

gary roe
quincy, illinois

On Wednesday, March 31, 2021, 11:34:04 AM CDT, Bob Chaparro via groups.io <chiefbobbb@...> wrote:

Photo: Wabash Outside Braced Boxcar

A photo from the University of Texas-Arlington Archives:

https://library.uta.edu/digitalgallery/img/20091771

Click on the photo twice to fully enlarge it.

Circa 1947. Car number is not apparent.

A B&O wagon-top boxcar also is shown.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

mopacfirst

I'll be by there next week, those vertical cylinder structures (grain?) look very familiar.  I did just realize that you can see the Tarrant County courthouse in this photo, which you can't do now because of all the buildings in the way.  It's easily a full mile from this locale to there.

Interesting that there is a B&O wagon-top box in this photo also.  One-half of one sat in this yard for years in the sixties-seventies as a building.

Ron Merrick

Scott

Cool photo.  I need to model a boxcar with the door open.

Scott McDonald