Topics

Photo: WHD Boxcar 560

Bob Chaparro

Photo: WHD Boxcar 560

A 1909 photo from the University of Pittsburgh Digital Archives:

https://digital.library.pitt.edu/islandora/object/pitt%3A715.091278.CP/viewer

Scroll on the photo to enlarge it.

Very good view of the "A" end.

Possibly Western Heater Despatch boxcar. J. Kibben Ingalls was head of the North Western Refrigerator Line Company and organized his own private car company, the Western Heater Despatch, in 1906.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

Claus Schlund \(HGM\)

Hi Bob and List Members,

Any chance this is an insulated boxcar? Possible equipped with a heater? I ask because the one door we can just barely see looks like it has two leaves and is hinged like a reefer door.

Claus Schlund