Topics

Piedmont & Northern lettering

George Courtney

Anyone able to speak on which lettering for the Piedmont and Northern DS boxcars would be most appropriate to early 1953?  Jerry Glow had this on his old site, but I can't recover it.  There is the word Piedmont over the & which is over the Northern.  And there is the curved Piedmont and Northern lettering.  Bill Welch's fine model discussed recently is a third style but I think later than early 1953.  I'm organizing my decals and have the first two.

Thanks,
George Courtney

Bill Welch

I am using the version with the arched "PIEDMONT & NORTHERN" on my model for 1955.

Bill Welch

George Courtney

Thanks, Bill.  Much appreciated.

George Courtney