Topics

Placard: Concentrated Floor Loading

Bob Chaparro

Placard: Concentrated Floor Loading

This is a Lehigh Valley Railroad Company placard I found on the 'net.

I've seen my fair share of placards but this one is a first for me.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

Stic Harris

That's cool; thanks for sharing.
Any indication of what the size of that placard would have been?

Thanks,

Stic Harris

--

- Stic

Bob Chaparro

I contacted the seller on e-Bay.
The size is 8" x 4".
Bob Chaparro
Hemet, CA

Stic Harris

Appreciated Bob.

Thank you!

Stic

On Fri, Jun 26, 2020 at 10:53 AM Bob Chaparro via groups.io <chiefbobbb=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:
I contacted the seller on e-Bay.
The size is 8" x 4".
Bob Chaparro
Hemet, CA

--

- Stic

mopacfirst

Now I get it.  This placard is not for use for the company doing the loading, unless they had contacted the LV about advice on the load and the railroad sent them this placard to attach along with whatever else was attached, or the LV carmen themselves attached this placard after the car was picked up.

The placard is for the advice of any train or switch crew handling this car, up to the point of spotting it at the receiver's dock, to be careful with it in order to avoid heavy switching causing the load to displace and possibly collapsing or destabilizing the car.

Ron Merrick