Topics

Plant identity

Jared Harper

I am trying to identify a plant that seems to grow widely in  the Flint Hills area of Kansas.  I have attached a photo that shows  this rusty brown colored plant.  The photo was taken in May.  Does anyong know the name of the plant?

Thanks!

Jared  Harper
Athens, GA

Thomas Birkett

Looks like what we call sumac on Oklahoma
Tom Birkett, Bartlesville

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S® 6, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

Perry Scheuerman

I am pretty sure the brown plant is curly dock. The plant itself is deep green, just the seed head turns dark brown.

Perry Scheuerman

On Dec 1, 2019, at 6:56 PM, Jared Harper <harperandbrown@...> wrote:

I am trying to identify a plant that seems to grow widely in  the Flint Hills area of Kansas.  I have attached a photo that shows  this rusty brown colored plant.  The photo was taken in May.  Does anyong know the name of the plant?

Thanks!

Jared  Harper
Athens, GA
<Wild flowers.jpg>

Paul Woods

I concur; I have enough of it around my house to recognise it pretty quick.

Regards
Paul Woods

Whangarei, NZ
NYCSHS #7172

Allen Montgomery

According to my plant identification app on my phone, it is commonly called Curled Dock (Rumex crispus).
I try to ID all the plants in my modeling area too.

Allen Montgomery