From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> on behalf of erieblt2 <williamfsmith22@...>
Sent: Saturday, July 25, 2020 2:29 AM
To: main@realstmfc.groups.io <main@realstmfc.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Photo: Tank Cars At National Zinc Separating Company Plant

I thank Bob for his work, and hope he will continue. His intro is sufficient to have me evaluate what the photo is about, and to decide if I will check it out. We all do get a lot of email and have to make choices. Thanks again Bob for your research. Bill S

Claus Schlund \(HGM\)

Hi List Members,

I'll say that Bob does a seriously AWESOME job of separating the diamonds out from what would otherwise be a major haystack (mixed metaphor, yeah, I know...)

He finds stuff I would NEVER stumble across even on my best day of searching.

I'd fully support us welcoming his continued work to get us images of - well - STEAM ERA FREIGHT CARS! Steam era freight cars is what we are all about, right?

To which I still say...

ENJOY!

Claus Schlund

From: Bob Chaparro via groups.io
Date: Sat, Jul 25, 2020 11:04 AM

[...]

mopacfirst

I would not normally have the time or inclination to go looking for these.  Nor would it necessarily occur to me to go looking for them, either.

It's true for me also that most of these photos are too old for me, but every once in a while something that interests me pops up.  I don't get emails, but rather see the posts on line, so it's not any hardship for me in terms of having to delete the posts.  So if one or two or three people have the time, and the ideas, and the willingness, to go excavating these, more power to you.  And if nothing else, it amuses me about the lack of knowledge of the people who are assigned to write captions for them, or the lack of perspective on something that happened a hundred years ago, but that comes with the territory.

Ron Merrick
who really only cares about central Kansas