Topics

Prince Books

byronrose@...

On Fri, 06 Apr 2001 11:43:20 -0400 "Garth G. Groff" <ggg9y@virginia.edu>
writes:

I noted recently that Prince's books are now being reprinted. A good
thing I unloaded my set when the price was high. The reprint price
is in
the $75 range.

Kind regards,

Garth G. Groff
But as poor as the photo reproduction was in Princes original books, it's
worse in the reprints. Too bad they didn't go to fresh photo work.

BSR
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.

ibs4421@...

Byron,
The reproduction quality in the L&N Steam Loco book is excellent. IIRC, the book was delayed for several weeks because Mr. Prince was not satisfied with some aspects of the reprint. Too bad he wasn't able to do that with the ACL and SAL books. I'm looking forward to the NC&StL book.

Warren Dickinson

Mike Brock <brockm@...>

Byron Rose writes:

But as poor as the photo reproduction was in Princes original books, it's
worse in the reprints. Too bad they didn't go to fresh photo work.
I noticed the same thing. Not knowing anymore about the publishing business
than I do about the night flying insects of Borneo, why is this so? Were
the original negatives not available?

Mike Brock

Garth G. Groff <ggg9y@...>

Byron,

Mr. Prince told me several years ago that the printer who did his books
went bankrupt. All his photos that were in their shop were lost when the
assets were scattered.

Kind regards,

Garth G. Groff