Topics

Private Name Freight Cars for Exchange

Lester Breuer

I have finished an upgrade of a Minneapolis & Northland Railroad Company boxcar.  An Accurail boxcar built for the Central Of Minnesota to complete our exchange of freight cars.  Photos of other exchange cars and upgrade details of my M&N boxcar are included.  If you are interested, photos and writeup of the upgrade including paint match are now available on my blog I have to share photos and writeup of modeling projects on my Minneapolis & Northland Railroad Company.   If you would like to take a look please do at the following link:

http://mnrailroadcab100.blogspot.com/

Lester Breuer

Ken Soroos

Hi Les -

I enjoyed looking at these.  Aside from your cars, I especially enjoyed seeing the Fredonia Northern car by Ken Herman(n?).  We would get together once in a while when we both lived in North Dakota.  I think I have a set of his decals around here somewhere too.

Ken

On Nov 1, 2019, at 8:04 PM, Lester Breuer <rforailroad@...> wrote:

I have finished an upgrade of a Minneapolis & Northland Railroad Company boxcar.  An Accurail boxcar built for the Central Of Minnesota to complete our exchange of freight cars.  Photos of other exchange cars and upgrade details of my M&N boxcar are included.  If you are interested, photos and writeup of the upgrade including paint match are now available on my blog I have to share photos and writeup of modeling projects on my Minneapolis & Northland Railroad Company.   If you would like to take a look please do at the following link:

http://mnrailroadcab100.blogspot.com/

Lester Breuer

Donald B. Valentine

All a good reminder than model railroading is fun. Thanks for posting these.

Cordially, Don Valentine

Garth Groff and Sally Sanford

While I generally try to stick with reality, my current layout is freelanced, but set in possible reality. The Virginia Midland serves Madison, Virginia, and some of its industries are based on real business there, including a Lee Blue Bell jeans plant (long closed, and now a building supply and hardware store).

I have several cars lettered for the VM, including some upgraded C&BT Shops 12-panel boxcars with 7' doors that had no prototype I could find. The VM's motto is "Tradition Bound", an appropriate description for many Y'all railroads.

Yours Aye,

Mungo Napier, Laird of Mallard Lodge  🦆