Topics

Prototype Junction at the Amherst Railroad Hobby Show

John Drake

Randy and I had a great time at the Amherst Railway Society Railroad Hobby Show this weekend talking about our HO scale injection-molded plastic tall Pratt truss single-sheathed boxcar and auto car project. We had many great conversations and connected with a lot of great people.  We also received overwhelmingly positive feedback, both for the model choices as well as our crowd-funding approach to finance this extensive project.  Thank you to those who stopped by the Prototype Junction booth, and for those of you who have already pledged your support to the project, thank you even more!

We’re just past the halfway point of our crowdfunding campaign, so there is still time to make a funding pledge.  We really hope all of you who are interested in the project will step up, be part of the process and get some really cool freight cars.  In case you are not familiar with our project, check out our website at: https://www.prototypejunction.com/.  To pledge your support, follow the links on the site to our IndieGoGo crowd-funding page.  We were offering some very attractive show discounts over the weekend, but we will be leaving them in place through January 31 so you can take advantage of them through this week.

Our funding campaign wraps up soon, so if you would like to see these cars produced, we must meet our funding goal.  If we don’t, we can’t move forward.  It would be great if we can get this project funded, not only to produce these unique single-sheathed cars, but to also open the door to future crowd-funded interesting model railroad rolling stock projects.

Thanks everyone!

John Drake
Prototype Junction
https://www.prototypejunction.com