Topics

ProtoWest Scale Models

Kenneth Montero

I am trying to find a website for ProtoWest Scale Models. I though that I had recently seen one, but I may be mistaken.

If they have one, can one of you provide it to me?

THank you in advance.

Ken Montero

Bryian Sones

On Tuesday, November 17, 2020, 10:32:03 PM PST, Kenneth Montero <va661midlo@...> wrote:

I am trying to find a website for ProtoWest Scale Models. I though that I had recently seen one, but I may be mistaken.

If they have one, can one of you provide it to me?

THank you in advance.

Ken Montero

Robert Heninger

ProtoWest was not the same company as A-Line/ProtoPowerWest.

ProtoWest was most notable on this list for an excellent resin kit for a AAR 70 ton flatcar, although they also had a DRGW caboose and one other kit that escapes me at the moment.

 I remember the proprietor of ProtoWest coming on this list with a close out offer for the flatcars, years ago now. Close to a decade ago, IIRC. I don’t believe they are active at this time.

Regards,
Bob Heninger
Minot, ND

Bryian Sones

Ah ok Bob and Kenneth, Sorry my mistake then.  I guess I don't recall that company ever existing...

Bryian Sones
Union Pacific Prototype Modeler
Murrieta, CA

On Wednesday, November 18, 2020, 05:21:33 AM PST, Robert Heninger <gn2059@...> wrote:

ProtoWest was not the same company as A-Line/ProtoPowerWest.

ProtoWest was most notable on this list for an excellent resin kit for a AAR 70 ton flatcar, although they also had a DRGW caboose and one other kit that escapes me at the moment.

 I remember the proprietor of ProtoWest coming on this list with a close out offer for the flatcars, years ago now. Close to a decade ago, IIRC. I don’t believe they are active at this time.

Regards,
Bob Heninger
Minot, ND

Tim O'Connor

I think that was a resin vendor who offered a 70 ton AAR flat car model that was far easier to build than
the SUNSHINE kit but then Intermountain introduced a very good plastic RTR model...

On 11/18/2020 1:31 AM, Kenneth Montero wrote:
I am trying to find a website for ProtoWest Scale Models. I though that I had recently seen one, but I may be mistaken.

If they have one, can one of you provide it to me?

THank you in advance.

Ken Montero

Sterling, Massachusetts

Kenneth Montero

Bob,

Thank you.

Ken Montero

On 11/18/2020 9:20 AM Bryian Sones via groups.io <bryian.sones@...> wrote:

Ah ok Bob and Kenneth, Sorry my mistake then.  I guess I don't recall that company ever existing...

Bryian Sones
Union Pacific Prototype Modeler
Murrieta, CA

On Wednesday, November 18, 2020, 05:21:33 AM PST, Robert Heninger <gn2059@...> wrote:

ProtoWest was not the same company as A-Line/ProtoPowerWest.

ProtoWest was most notable on this list for an excellent resin kit for a AAR 70 ton flatcar, although they also had a DRGW caboose and one other kit that escapes me at the moment.

 I remember the proprietor of ProtoWest coming on this list with a close out offer for the flatcars, years ago now. Close to a decade ago, IIRC. I don’t believe they are active at this time.

Regards,
Bob Heninger
Minot, ND

Kenneth Montero

Tim,

Thank you, especially for the Intermountain information.

Ken Montero

On 11/18/2020 10:18 AM Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@...> wrote:

I think that was a resin vendor who offered a 70 ton AAR flat car model that was far easier to build than
the SUNSHINE kit but then Intermountain introduced a very good plastic RTR model...

On 11/18/2020 1:31 AM, Kenneth Montero wrote:
I am trying to find a website for ProtoWest Scale Models. I though that I had recently seen one, but I may be mistaken.

If they have one, can one of you provide it to me?

THank you in advance.

Ken Montero

Sterling, Massachusetts

Kenneth Montero

Brian,

On 11/18/2020 8:21 AM Robert Heninger <gn2059@...> wrote:

ProtoWest was not the same company as A-Line/ProtoPowerWest.

ProtoWest was most notable on this list for an excellent resin kit for a AAR 70 ton flatcar, although they also had a DRGW caboose and one other kit that escapes me at the moment.

 I remember the proprietor of ProtoWest coming on this list with a close out offer for the flatcars, years ago now. Close to a decade ago, IIRC. I don’t believe they are active at this time.

Regards,
Bob Heninger
Minot, ND

Jack Burgess

I worked with ProtoWest Models a decade or so ago and they come out with a resin kit for some ballast cars I wanted. They are now San Juan Model Co. and own Grandt Line and a couple of other companies.

Jack Burgess

I think that was a resin vendor who offered a 70 ton AAR flat car model that was far easier to build than
the SUNSHINE kit but then Intermountain introduced a very good plastic RTR model...

On 11/18/2020 1:31 AM, Kenneth Montero wrote:

I am trying to find a website for ProtoWest Scale Models. I though that I had recently seen one, but I may be mistaken.

If they have one, can one of you provide it to me?

THank you in advance.

Ken Montero

Sterling, Massachusetts

Kenneth Montero