Topics

ProtoWest Scale Models

Kenneth Montero

I am trying to find a website for ProtoWest Scale Models. I though that I had recently seen one, but I may be mistaken.

If they have one, can one of you provide it to me?

THank you in advance.

Ken Montero

Bryian Sones

On Tuesday, November 17, 2020, 10:32:03 PM PST, Kenneth Montero <va661midlo@...> wrote:

I am trying to find a website for ProtoWest Scale Models. I though that I had recently seen one, but I may be mistaken.

THank you in advance.

Ken Montero

Robert Heninger

ProtoWest was not the same company as A-Line/ProtoPowerWest. 

ProtoWest was most notable on this list for an excellent resin kit for a AAR 70 ton flatcar, although they also had a DRGW caboose and one other kit that escapes me at the moment.

I remember the proprietor of ProtoWest coming on this list with a close out offer for the flatcars, years ago now. Close to a decade ago, IIRC. I don’t believe they are active at this time.

Regards,
Bob Heninger 
Minot, ND

Bryian Sones

Ah ok Bob and Kenneth, Sorry my mistake then.  I guess I don't recall that company ever existing...

Bryian Sones
Union Pacific Prototype Modeler
Murrieta, CA

On Wednesday, November 18, 2020, 05:21:33 AM PST, Robert Heninger <gn2059@...> wrote:

ProtoWest was most notable on this list for an excellent resin kit for a AAR 70 ton flatcar, although they also had a DRGW caboose and one other kit that escapes me at the moment.

I remember the proprietor of ProtoWest coming on this list with a close out offer for the flatcars, years ago now. Close to a decade ago, IIRC. I don’t believe they are active at this time.

Regards,
Bob Heninger 
Minot, ND

Tim O'Connor

I think that was a resin vendor who offered a 70 ton AAR flat car model that was far easier to build than
the SUNSHINE kit but then Intermountain introduced a very good plastic RTR model...

On 11/18/2020 1:31 AM, Kenneth Montero wrote:

THank you in advance.

Ken Montero

--
Tim O'Connor
Sterling, Massachusetts

Kenneth Montero

Bob,

Thank you.

Ken Montero

On 11/18/2020 9:20 AM Bryian Sones via groups.io <bryian.sones@...> wrote:

Ah ok Bob and Kenneth, Sorry my mistake then.  I guess I don't recall that company ever existing...

Bryian Sones
Murrieta, CA

On Wednesday, November 18, 2020, 05:21:33 AM PST, Robert Heninger <gn2059@...> wrote:

Regards,
Bob Heninger 
Minot, ND

Kenneth Montero

Tim,

Thank you, especially for the Intermountain information.

Ken Montero

On 11/18/2020 10:18 AM Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@...> wrote:

I think that was a resin vendor who offered a 70 ton AAR flat car model that was far easier to build than
the SUNSHINE kit but then Intermountain introduced a very good plastic RTR model...

THank you in advance.

Ken Montero

--
Tim O'Connor
Sterling, Massachusetts

Kenneth Montero

Brian,

Thank you.

Ken Montero

On 11/18/2020 9:20 AM Bryian Sones via groups.io <bryian.sones@...> wrote:

Bryian Sones
Murrieta, CA

Regards,
Bob Heninger 
Minot, ND

Kenneth Montero

Bob,

Thank you.

Ken Montero

On 11/18/2020 8:21 AM Robert Heninger <gn2059@...> wrote:

Regards,
Bob Heninger 
Minot, ND

Jack Burgess

I worked with ProtoWest Models a decade or so ago and they come out with a resin kit for some ballast cars I wanted. They are now San Juan Model Co. and own Grandt Line and a couple of other companies.

Jack Burgess

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io [mailto:main@RealSTMFC.groups.io] On Behalf Of Tim O'Connor
Sent: Wednesday, November 18, 2020 7:18 AM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] ProtoWest Scale Models

THank you in advance.

Ken Montero

--
Tim O'Connor
Sterling, Massachusetts

Kenneth Montero

Jack,

Thank you.

Ken Montero

On 11/18/2020 4:45 PM Jack Burgess <jack@...> wrote:

I worked with ProtoWest Models a decade or so ago and they come out with a resin kit for some ballast cars I wanted. They are now San Juan Model Co. and own Grandt Line and a couple of other companies.

Jack Burgess

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io [mailto:main@RealSTMFC.groups.io] On Behalf Of Tim O'Connor
Sent: Wednesday, November 18, 2020 7:18 AM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] ProtoWest Scale Models

THank you in advance.

Ken Montero

--
Tim O'Connor
Sterling, Massachusetts