Topics

PRR GR gon asbuilt end sill

Gatwood, Elden J SAD

I knew this was out there:

https://digital.library.pitt.edu/islandora/object/pitt%3A201203.1912.4138/viewer

with safety chains intact, diagonal end grabs, and original brake staff location.

Elden Gatwood

Eric Hansmann

A great image for many reasons. It’s dated September 1912 and the end reporting marks have weathered away.

I wonder what those cables are for that are beside the right rail.

Eric Hansmann

Murfreesboro, TN

with safety chains intact, diagonal end grabs, and original brake staff location.

Elden Gatwood

Claus Schlund \(HGM\)

Hi Eric,

Notice the telephone poles in the distance? Perhaps the poles closer to the camera came down due to flooding/wreck/etc and those are the cables that were formerly on those poles

Claus Schlund

with safety chains intact, diagonal end grabs, and original brake staff location.

Elden Gatwood

Eric Hansmann

Good catch, Claus!

Eric Hansmann

Murfreesboro, TN

Notice the telephone poles in the distance? Perhaps the poles closer to the camera came down due to flooding/wreck/etc and those are the cables that were formerly on those poles

Claus Schlund

with safety chains intact, diagonal end grabs, and original brake staff location.

Elden Gatwood

Schuyler Larrabee

And also, what’s that thing lying across the left rail, very near the camera, bottom left corner of the image?

Schuyler

with safety chains intact, diagonal end grabs, and original brake staff location.

Elden Gatwood

mel perry

looks like the other side of the creek had
been flooded recently,
mel perry