From: Richard Townsend via groups.io <richtownsend@...>
To: main@realstmfc.groups.io <main@realstmfc.groups.io>
Sent: Fri, Jul 30, 2021 12:22 pm
Subject: [RealSTMFC] PRR K8 stock cars

The PRR K8 stock cars had unusual roofs with boards running lengthwise. See the attached plans from the 1931 CBC. A question has come up on another list regarding whether these cars had metal panels over the wood. The plans do not show such panels so my initial conclusion is no, they didn't.

But it's a pretty weird roof. I have never seen such a roof and wonder whether any other cars got these roofs. I also wonder whether these roofs somehow were unsuccessful and were replaced at any time with some form of metal roof.

Can anyone enlighten me?

Richard Townsend
Lincoln City, OR