From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> on behalf of jace6315 via groups.io <jace6315@...>
Sent: Thursday, December 10, 2020 9:30 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>
Subject: [RealSTMFC] PRR X36 Boxcar

My guess is that it was an experimental (only one was built) lighter weight car, saving roughly 3,000 pounds compared to the similar vintage X35 cars: http://prr.railfan.net/diagrams/PRRdiagrams.html?diag=x35.gif&sel=box&sz=sm&fr=ge
The X36 was also much wider than the X35 inside (9'4" compared to 8'9") presumably because of no (or a thin) wooden liner.

It looks to me to be very much of a precursor to modern car designs but built much earlier than expected. Anyone have further details on this car?

Jim