Topics

PS-1s and wooden running boards

Brian Carlson

In my parts stashI have a few laser kit packages of wooden runningboards for Intermountain PS-1 box cars. Were any PS 1 box cars delivered with wooden running boards?
Brian J. Carlson

Ed Hawkins

On Jan 4, 2020, at 11:29 PM, Brian Carlson via Groups.Io <prrk41361@...> wrote:

In my parts stashI have a few laser kit packages of wooden runningboards for Intermountain PS-1 box cars. Were any PS 1 box cars delivered with wooden running boards?

Brian,
No, all were steel. The earliest PS-1 box cars built starting in 6-47 (LV 62000-62499) came with Apex Tri-lok running boards & brake steps. In addition to Apex that had widespread use on PS-1s, other types included U.S. Gypsum, Morton, Kerrigan, & Blaw-Knox.
Regards,
Ed Hawkins

Tim O'Connor

ALL box cars built after WW II ended had steel running boards. The first PS-1 box cars
were built after 1945.

--
*Tim O'Connor*
*Sterling, Massachusetts*