Pullman-Standard Boxcar wild goose chase

Richard Townsend

I am looking at a photo that includes part of the end of a boxcar. The boxcar has a nine-rib PS proprietary end, like the so-called PS-0. I can see no reporting marks and only the last three digits of the car number, which I think are 071 (might be 971). The car end is painted a light enough color that the car number is in a dark color (i.e. it's dark on light rather than the "normal" light on dark). The car does not have a turtle-back roof. Does the end style, partial car number, and painting practice provide anyone enough clues to identify the car?

Richard Townsend
Lincoln City, OR

Tim O'Connor

believe it or not, the rest of us cannot see that photo

On 7/3/2022 3:47 PM, Richard Townsend via groups.io wrote:
I am looking at a photo that includes part of the end of a boxcar. The boxcar has a nine-rib PS proprietary end, like the so-called PS-0. I can see no reporting marks and only the last three digits of the car number, which I think are 071 (might be 971). The car end is painted a light enough color that the car number is in a dark color (i.e. it's dark on light rather than the "normal" light on dark). The car does not have a turtle-back roof. Does the end style, partial car number, and painting practice provide anyone enough clues to identify the car?

Richard Townsend

--
Tim O'Connor
Sterling, Massachusetts

Richard Townsend

Yes. I was hoping the description would be enough. It's here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/403749659026?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Richard Townsend
Lincoln City, OR

-----Original Message-----
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Sent: Sun, Jul 3, 2022 12:52 pm
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Pullman-Standard Boxcar wild goose chase

Richard Townsend

--
Tim O'Connor
Sterling, Massachusetts

Paul Doggett

Richard 

It looks like a gondola..
Paul Doggett 

On 3 Jul 2022, at 20:59, Richard Townsend via groups.io <richtownsend@...> wrote:

Yes. I was hoping the description would be enough. It's here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/403749659026?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Richard Townsend
Lincoln City, OR

Richard Townsend

--
Tim O'Connor
Sterling, Massachusetts

Richard Townsend

Well. Is my face red. Indeed it appears to be a gondola. Never mind.

Richard Townsend
Lincoln City, OR

To: main@realstmfc.groups.io
Sent: Sun, Jul 3, 2022 1:04 pm

Richard 

It looks like a gondola..
Paul Doggett 

On 3 Jul 2022, at 20:59, Richard Townsend via groups.io <richtownsend@...> wrote:

Richard Townsend
Lincoln City, OR

Richard Townsend

--
Tim O'Connor
Sterling, Massachusetts

Clark Propst

CB&Q work service gondola? Orange in color.
Clark

Richard Townsend

C&S since it’s their Denver yard, but you’re right about it being a mow gondola.

Tim O'Connor

C&S had some interesting gondolas... :-)

On 7/4/2022 10:55 AM, Richard Townsend via groups.io wrote:
C&S since it’s their Denver yard, but you’re right about it being a mow gondola.

--
Tim O'Connor
Sterling, Massachusetts