Topics

QUESTION ON THE ORIENTATION OF A ROYAL BRAKE REGULATOR

WILLIAM PARDIE

Recently I posted several request on this list for drawings of the brake orientation of a Union Pacific F-50-15 flat car.  I also contacted Exactrail who produced a very good model of this car offering to purchase the drawing.  They (understandingly) declined citing legal restraints.

My concern prior to completing the model is the orientation of the Royal brake regulator.  I have modeled this device on many Santa Fe cars as well as numerous cars from other roads.  The location has always been on the opposite  side of the center sill from the brake cylinder..  on the flat car model it is on the same side.  I would like to verify this prior to finishing one model.

Any thoughts appreciated]

Bill Pardie